Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let me tell you why I adore Peru.

Today I spent the afternoon in the market, sitting at a table that had been "varnished" with packing tape. A little boy and I spent at least an hour playing with two paper towel tubes, an empty bottle, and two bottle caps. First it's a telescope, then it's a tower. We played Jenga--see who can push it furthest before it fall over. We built houses and found ways to hide the bottle caps inside. We played 3-card monty with one tube and two caps: guess which is where. Then we started to flick them across the table at each other until he discovered a sort of foam tennis ball and now we're really talking.

I'm pretty sure the total cost of that was zero. Oh, the things North America could learn from this boy…

No comments:

Post a Comment